Sunday, March 1, 2009

Texas Probation - 8 Out of 10

I guess I've been on Texas probation for over half of the 10 years I've been back in the state. I was overseas for quite some time, and the lifestyle I led there was a very liberal one - although I did get in a bit of trouble there too - lol.

So, maybe it will help someone if I just went through all of my bs charges and whatnots. Maybe you'll understand your own case better, or maybe it'll make you feel better that you can mess up so many times and still be "free". I don't know, but I'm hoping that someone can get something positive out of it all. What I'll do is go ahead and outline what's happened to me in the last 8 to 10 years and I'll expand upon each case in individual posts - that way I can shorten this article a little.

Came back from Japan in February of 2000.

Contributing to Delinquency of Minors - late 2000 (probation for 9 mos)
- Henderson County, TX
Assault - Class A misdemeanor - 2001 (probation for 1 year)
- Dallas County, TX
Driving with Suspended License - 2004 (probation for 15 mos)
- Denton County, TX
Possession of Controlled Substance - 2006 (deferred probation for 5 years)
- Henderson County, TX
Possession of Controlled Substance - 2007 (deferred probation for 4 years [concurrent])
- Dallas County, TX

I had a violation for the first controlled substance charge, so the deferral was revoked, and normal probation instated. I also violated on the suspended license charge, and sat the rest out in jail - which is also a noteworthy post for the future: "Why You Should Never Take Texas probation - Just Sit it Out."

I guess a good next post will be explaining the circumstances surrounding the first probation. These charges are only the charges that I ended up getting probation on.

No comments:

Post a Comment